I took some time away from sculpting - I waited until I was eager to get back to it.
So, I did a bit of sanding, then managed to wash one arm down the sink rinsing it off. I began a replacement arm, worked out the lower body joints, finished up the other lower leg.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Friday, June 23, 2017
I sketched her out & keep trying to use that proportion, but my eyes say no... so, she is changing yet again.
The reassuring thing is that after this change I counted heads... and she is the proportion I intended in my sketch.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Monday, June 19, 2017
Sunday, June 18, 2017
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
gave her lower right leg toes, smoothed it all & baked. It fell over in baking, twisted the knee cap around. I cut off the wrong bits, added clay, re-worked it until I liked it again and then baked it once more. This time it was good and I began to match the left leg to the right.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Friday, June 9, 2017
Day 8 - Jointing tools - I bought tiny wooden beads for the smaller joints like shoulder and knee. I realized I could use coins to shape hollows in clay, bake it and make the ends of the limbs round enough by pushing them and twirling them in the hollows. The coins will work for bigger dolls really well.. but I had a marble and a ball bearing that are smaller and they are working really well for the bigger joints - neck & hips. I have some round wooden tools that might work to make the elbow joints round.